The KeepTouch app enables Android users to locate friends and family members throughout the world by sharing SMS geolocation messages.
Easily find the geographic locations of multiple friends or coworkers, to give you a meet-up point.
Say goodbye to long phone conversations, trying to explain where you are!
Send your geolocation if you have a problem on the highway, or on a hike, so your family can come to your assistance. They can launch GPS navigation in Google Maps from the KeepTouch app to find you.
You can quickly manage your geolocation permissions with all your friends, by defining a desired response method for each of them: always, request confirmation, or never.
If necessary, you can switch to invisible mode in the blink of an eye.
*** Connected with your family and friends, KeepTouch can help you respond and organize when unexpected events occur. ***
The use of SMS geolocation messages directly between you and your contacts, with no middle-man, protects your privacy.
This communication method also conserves battery life for your device, since GPS is not activated until needed.
The KeepTouch app is a personal geolocation and tracking solution.
When someone requests your location for the first time, a notification will appear on your Android device's notification bar.
Select the action to be performed:
- Confirm: Authorize sending your current location to the contact requesting it (once - you must continue to confirm subsequent requests from this contact)
- Always: Always authorize sending your locations to this contact
- Reject: Do not send your current location to this contact
- Never: Never send your locations to this contact
For people who are not on the contacts list of your Android device, the options, "Always" and "Never" do not appear.
If you want these options to appear, add the person to the contacts list for your device.
You can change your selections at any time in the app, by hitting the action button in the lower right corner and selecting "Your permissions".
Your permissions management screen is divided into 3 tabs:
- Always: People you have decided to always authorize sending your location to.
- Confirm: People you must systematically confirm or reject sending your locations to via the notification
- Never: People you have decided to never authorize sending your location to.
To change your selection for a person, click on the corresponding entry on the list.
To protect your privacy, you may choose to temporarily disable sending your location (even to people who are normally authorized).
To do this, click on this button: In the upper right corner, then select "Do not respond".
Don't forget to change this back when you want to be locatable again.